Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Joy of Writing With Somebody Else

Confession time! I have an awesome friend at my workplace, who I write stories with during the free time we can make. Our backs will face each other when we write, but once we're done, we immediately turn and give each other feedback or help.

More than this, we will make sure the other takes the time to write, whether it's during office hours, or during the weekend at home. It's great to have a buddy, who asks you what you have written and suggests what you can write next.

We each have our writer goals and we know the other's goals as well as we do our own, so it becomes easier to make suggestions.

Right now, we're working on creating entries for writing contests and sending them across. Since I have somebody behind my back, I'm finally meeting deadlines and it feels good!

Do you have a writer buddy too?

1 comment: